First and foremost, welcome to my site where you will discover all things about who I am and what I do.
Don't get confused, by the variety of my pages, as I am an author, screenwriter, film producer, artist, and musician. I hope you enjoy what you will discover about me.
Also, for exclusive information on my novel The Keystroke Killer: Part I Transcendence, sign up for the exclusive KSK Member's Only Fan Club by sending me a note through the contact form on my website. I will manually add you to the list and you will receive a link in your email. You must confirm that you want to subscribe when the link is sent.
Once you are subscribed, you will get to read excerpts from the new book, get exclusive one of a kind information and trivia on the book, release dates, chances to win a free autographed copy of the book, and more. So, don't delay, join the Fan Club page today.
KSK MEMBER'S ONLY FAN CLUB
Oh the good news, during the downtime of the two-weeks I don't write on KSK, to allow the Focus Group to review and make recommendations, I not to change the document while in their hands. I am use to writing everyday for at least five to six hours, so, I started a complete new novel called NEVER STOP RUNNING. So, stay tuned on the development of this one as well.
Wow! Reading the firstprinted draft was exciting as four different people began to give me feedback on KSK Transcendence. What a ride. The first group consisted of Helen Ray, Janis Ray, Robby Cook Stroud, and Tina Rubin. All four gave me great feedback, made suggesstions, and corrected several of my silly mistakes. They each have had the book for seven days. Helen was the first to finish reading and I have already made the changes she suggested. Funny thing, Helen, Robby, and I argued over the use of the word 'Smelt' and whether it was correct to use it. But, after an extensive search of the word, if I lived in England, it would be correct. But, over here on this side of the pond it is 'Smelled." See how much fun we are having.
Robby, having been with me over the years was shocked with the novel. In a good way. She could not believe how all these characters came together and the storyline. She thought she knew KSK, but she didn't. Yea. I surprised her.
Tina can't get over it either. Having sat at my side many hours at my computer with me, she knew lots of details and secrets. But, it was all jumbled in her head because she may come one day and I am working on chapter 35. Then, the next a different chapter. She was just excited that she finally got to put it all together.
So, my next step is to look at their suggestions, make the changes, and then print of four more copies for the Group 2 Focus group. So, Group 2, be alert. I will be asking for your address shortly to send you the copy. I am so excited to listen to your feedback.
The KSK Family recieved a wake-up call this week when Stephen Beal, a cast member and our friend, was arrested by the FBI on charges for having unregistered explosive material in his home after his ex-girlfriend opened a box with a bomb in it that killed her. Stephen owned part of that business; which immediately connected him to her. In fact, he called the authorities to have them search his home.
At the time of Stephen's arrest, I was on a Mother's Day cruise with my mom and two sisters. So, I was off grid. When I finally received cell service, my phone started vibrating with message after message, not only from KSK members, but also news stations from Los Angeles to New York. When, I heard what had happened, I personally was shocked, because I know Stephen personally and consider him a great friend. In fact, he was very helpful to me and my daughter, after my brother died, and I was diagnosed with oral cancer. He called me several times a week to help me with my grief and listened to me. I will always be eternally grateful to him and support him now through this situation.
Additionally, having a daughter living in Los Angeles with the rest of our family in New Orleans, Stephen took my daughter under his wing and invited her and her husband to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners and other gatherings at his house. He looked after her for me. They remain as friends. And, I might add that I was asked by authorities and reporters if I thought Stephen was capable of bombing a building or killing someone, I responded, "Do you think for one instant if I thought Stephen Beal was capable of killing someone I would allow my daughter near him much less my sisters and myself?"
I believe in innocent before being condemned guilty and believe that our justice system will prevail and Stephen will be vindicated. I don't believe that Stephen would kill somebody, much less blow up a building. Therefore, KSK Members, please let the justice system do what it is designed to do and not judge him from the media exposure.
And, now to answer questions I am being asked about Stephen Beal:
1. Yes, I know Stephen Beal and respect him as he is a very kind, gentle, and caring man with a heart of gold. I don't believe he is capable of killing someone. Again, I believe in our justice system and that Stephen is innocent until prove guilty in a court of law and not judged by the media fanfare. I honestly believe he will be vindicated. And, I want to remind the public that Stephen has not been charged with murder or a bombing.
2. Yes, I knew he had a previous wife that died; and, during the time Stephen was helping me through my grief, dealing with someone I loved very much who died of cancer, he often spoke of his own depression after the loss his wife. He expressed to me how much he loved her and how devastated he was after her death.
3. No. I did not type-cast Stephen Beal into the role of Professor Faust, in The Keystroke Killer, because he was a rocket enthusiast. The casting team chose him for the role because of his audition. At the time, we had no knowledge of his hobby. May I add, the character is not the man. Just because Professor Faust developed a weapon of mass destruction, I did not cast Stephen into this role because of his hobby of building rockets. This is a coincidence. Furthermore, the character he portrayed in A.D.A.M. is Professor Peterson, a scientist and is one of the good guys.
4. No. Stephen Beal did not have access to or read the 67 scripts I created and wrote for the unoptioned television series, The Keystroke Killer, and never read them. The only thing he had access to was the parts of the script for his auditions, he auditioned for more than one role, or the other audition lines available to everyone. Furthermore, Stephen Beal did not receive a copy of The Keystroke Killer: Part I Transcendence. My novel is not due to go public until sometime in June or July depending on the editing process after the four rounds of the focus group input.
5. No, I will not send media representatives a FREE copy of The Keystroke Killer: Part I Transcendence before it is made public. No one will be given a copy unless they are a member of the KSK Focus Group or the proof editors. Sorry, I don 't want my novel out there before it is published. But, thank you for your interest. For updates on the release date subscribe to my newsletter.
6. All media inquiries please contact me through my contact page here on my website or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Melissa Caudle
Sign up to Dr. Mel's Message